The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was constituted in Cluny Women’s College Kalimpong on 23rd February 2013 with the sole objective of guiding and assessing the Academic and Administrative activities of the college. An IQAC committee was formed and approved by the Governing Body on 25th February 2013 to take care of the internal quality of the institution. It caters to the continuous improvement of the Infrastructure, enhances the faculty competencies, and empowers students with self-reliant learning styles. It constantly reviews the teaching-learning process, structures and Methodologies of operations, and learning outcomes at periodic intervals and records the incremental improvement in various activities of the institution.
Objectives of IQAC
- To develop a consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the college.
- To direct all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
- To guide and motivate the teachers towards quality enhancement through research activities and conducting seminars / workshops.
- To develop a system towards better administrative performance of the college.
- To facilitate the creation of a learner centric environment conducive for quality education.
- To encourage the students towards socio-cultural and moral up gradation.
Functions of IQAC
- Development of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education.
- Encouraging faculty to adopt the modern and updated method of teaching and learning.
- Marshalling the feedback response from different stakeholders and taking necessary action accordingly.
- Propagation of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
Benefits of IQAC
- Assurance of heightened level of clarity and focus in different functions of the institution.
- Internalization of the quality culture.
- A dynamic system for quality improvement of the college.
- Incorporation of an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.