PROGRAM OUTCOMES AND COURSE OUTCOMES
The institution follows the curricula designed by the University of North Bengal in different programmes. All the programmes offered by the institute have well defined and stated POs and Cos. Programme outcomes and course outcomes are stated and displayed on the college website for information and evaluation. Hard copy of the syllabus and learning outcomes are made available in the respective departments and library. The Cos and POs aim at overall development of the students through diverse methods and continuous process of evaluation. The POs and Cos enable the students to achieve the following goals:
- Garner discipline-specific domain knowledge.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Be sensitised towards various social issues, environment and sustainable development.
- Emerge as good citizens with an informed awareness of issues.
The POs and COs in relation to various disciplines under B.A. Honours and General, B.Com Honours and General, B.C.A, Certificate and Value added courses are briefly presented as follows:
- The courses help the students to choose from a diverse range of available subjects.
- Helps the students to conceptually understand the various subject matters under different courses.
- The various disciplines aim to sensitise the students in the methodology of the course.
- Helps develop research aptitude to enable students to carry on research in multi-disciplinary domains and be innovative in ideas through empirical learning as reflected in projects, field surveys and practical based papers.
- Aims to broaden the outlook of students in terms of better understanding of the course, improving leadership and communication skills and building self-esteem.
- The value added courses help the students develop ethical and moral values.
- The value added courses help the students develop tolerance, gain deeper philosophical understanding of human values.
- The Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma course (Career Oriented Programme) enables the students to enhance their productive capacity with regards to writing and communication and command over language, build their self-confidence and leadership qualities through participative learning. The course in-turn helps the students prepare themselves for competitive examinations and explore attractive job opportunities.
The progress of the POs and Cos are continuously evaluated through following mechanisms:
- Departmental committee meetings
- Academic committees
- Principal’s interaction with students
- IQAC meetings
- Student-teacher interactions
- Inputs from parents-teachers meetings
Click to Download Department Wise Program Outcomes: View The Document