College Rules and regulations
As the human eye looks into the space, it is limited to a few miles of vision and we can see only what is immediate and within reach. Yet, like an astronomer looking at space we know that – beyond what is immediate and within reach stretches infinity of time and eternity, because time and space are both segments of God’s creation.
Therefore my life, time and the space I have daily are most important for me, here and now and for never-ending Eternity.
Therefore we use carefully:
- (a) Our life
- (b) Our time
- (c) The space in which we operate.
Cluny Women’s college has devised a careful plan for pleasant, diligent and constant work at spiritual, academic and material development of the staff and students of the college.
College discipline is kind but necessarily firm.
The following disciplinary measures may be adopted by the College in dealing with students behaving in an unruly manner:
- Verbal warning and counseling.
- Written warning
- Expulsion from the College
- All students are to compulsorily attend College on the opening day after the vacations. Absence for more than two days immediately after a vacation would attract strict disciplinary action. After a week the name of the student will be struck off the rolls.
- Excuse for absence and late attendance should not be made by phone but in writing in the diary.
- Parents are to fill up and sign the ‘LEAVE RECORD’ for each day the student is absent from College stating the reasons for absence.
- A student, returning to College after suffering from an infectious or contagious disease, should produce a doctor’s fitness certificate permitting her to do so. Students suffering from such diseases must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to College.
- Students who require medical attention during College hours will be asked to leave escorted by parents.
- Absentees prior to class tests / selection examination are to produce valid reasons. However, no re-tests will be conducted.
- All students are to come to College neatly and decently dressed. Elaborate Jewelry and fancy ornaments are not permitted.
- Untidy hair or elaborate hair style and excessive make-up are unacceptable on class days.
- College programmes are marked by regularity and attendance. The College Uniform sari is compulsory and is to be worn on all College functions.
- A notice in writing must be given by the parents before a student is withdrawn from the College.
- The student will be required to clear all dues.
- A student will be given clearance only after having settled all the dues of the College.
Examinations, Evaluations & Results
- Regular evaluations / class tests will be held in all subjects.
- The minimum pass marks for each subject is 45%.
- Attendance at all examinations and class tests / evaluation is necessary.
- Results once published are final and will not be reconsidered.
- Students will not be allowed to sit for the Selection / Board examination if their fees are in arrears.
- Students who are absent from examinations for any reason whatsoever, will not be re-examined.
- The decision of the College authorities with regard to examinations is final.
- A student who does not achieve the required standard in these examinations will have the option to repeat the class or leave the college.
- Students found using unfair means during any class evaluation, selection examination or board exams will be marked zero.